We are Louisville Jazz Society (“Company,” “we,” “us,” “our”), a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization registered in Kentucky, United States at P.O. Box 5082, Louisville, KY 40255.
We offer online services including, but not limited to, event listings, message forums, and newsletters that contain user-generated content. Content submitted by users contain the views of the author only and do not reflect views of Louisville Jazz Society. Any content submitted to louisvillejazz.org that is considered questionable by LJS (i.e. abuse, hate, threats, offense, adult content, copyright infringement, sharing of personal information of a doxxing nature, spam, or law violations of any kind) will be adjusted or removed at our discretion without warning or explanation. Additionally, requests for content removal may be requested.
By posting content to louisvillejazz.org you are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your content in connection with the services we provide. You retain copyright over the content.
The following terms apply to all interactions made or performed at louisvillejazz.org.
- Be respectful. Because of the nature of text-only conversations, intent can sometimes be misinterpreted. Be courteous in your responses. Second, anyone with an account is welcome to post on the forums available to them; exclusions (outside those specific to membership levels) may not be made by other members (we do not allow gatekeeping). Third, trolling of any kind will not be tolerated. Lastly, we have jazzers of all ages here, so we ask that you please limit your use of profanity or obscenity.
- Stay on topic. Forums are topic-based and should include posts and comments related to that topic. Comments that are not on topic will be removed. Note: Any topics involving political and/or religious debate/discussion are not allowed.
- Comments and posts made against anyone based on race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or political affiliation will not be tolerated.
- Please be discreet in your complaints. Should you have a question about content that has been deleted or a warning you received, contact the moderator directly. If you are unsatisfied with the moderator’s response, please contact us directly. We take all complaints seriously.
- Do not spam. Posting content that is of a spam-like nature (this includes advertisements or repetitive postings of same or similar content) will not be tolerated. Additionally, users who post solely to promote self-generated content, while otherwise not interacting or conversing with the community, will be considered spammers.
- Represent yourself truthfully. Creation of multiple accounts is prohibited. Behavior of this nature will result in a ban of the email addresses and names related to the offending accounts.
- This site is for jazz musicians. We do not currently support or market on behalf of or in conjunction with any companies and do not condone these actions by any of our members.
By using our services, you agree to abide by the rules as stated above. Failure to comply is grounds for immediate removal of and discontinuation of membership without refund.