- This event has passed.
Louisville Jazz Workshops
July 3 – July 8 EDT
Due to University COVID restrictions enrollment is limited, spots are still available.
Visiting artists include and are the featured performers on July 6:
The faculty includes:
Ansyn Banks – brass
Gabe Evens – piano
Chris Fitzgerald – bass
Mike Hyman – drums
Jerry Tolson – vocal
Mike Tracy – woodwinds
Craig Wagner – guitar
This week-long event includes:
- Nightly concerts at 6:00PM in Bird Hall.
- Master classes
- Playing and teaching at retirement homes; assisting at schools, colleges, universities, hospitals, farmers’ markets, religious institutions, coffee houses, malls, etc.
Master classes will include:
- What a rhythm section wants to hear from you!
- Tendonitis, Arthritis and Beyond!
- How to Avoid the Most Common Playing Injuries and What to Do if You’re Hurting
- Sessions on the Alexander Technique and Yoga for musicians
- Stop Wasting Your Precious Practice Time!
- The 5 Keys to Efficient Productive Practice!
- How to Practice Even When You’re Really Busy!
- The 3 Most Common Practice Mistakes of Adult Students
- Yes, You Can Get a Jazz Gig – Learn How!!!
- Retirement musician careers:
The event will feature two combo experiences per day for all participants as well as daily jam sessions, masterclasses on each instrument, jazz history sessions, sessions on practice technique and faculty concerts. There will also be an option for attendees to enjoy nightly dinners at local restaurants with live jazz music. The week will culminate with a participant concert on Friday afternoon. The tuition for the camp is $750 with on-campus lodging and food meal options are available. Attendees may also take advantage of special lodging rates at selected local hotels and motels.